4:43 PM

The FAC's



I created this "Frequently Asked Comments" section to clear all the blues that people were trying to put on me; especially into certain situation they think (and I would say they are kinda syiok sendiri )

Stepping into this step of my life, the early marriage; it seem to received 60% of negative comments.

1) Do you work ?
Yes, I own a clothing webstore. Considered as self-employed or typical S.O.H.O you may call. Majorly selling classy and fabulous Dinner Dress and Cheongsam. Also, letting some customer to make appointment and come over my house "mini-showroom" to try over sizes. I enjoy to sell dresses as when every time they are happy with my clothes, I felt mission accomplished like a James Bond ! 

Being self-employed provides me flexible hours, I can cook for my son and make sure he is being well feed all the time; however, same with any entrepreneurs, I could be up at 4am and often working during weekends.


2) Oh my... you are a degreeholder but end up selling clothes? What a waste !
You may think that and giving me a pity face trying to label that I looks miserable to you. But think twice, I could be ending up better than you in a way you didn't see.

Yes, one man show as a babysitter and maid and own business could be tiring but I am contented and thankful enough. There was a moment I thought of going out work instead of staying home due to all these comments & colored eye-sight. But, think twice :


a) My income might be not as high as yours but at least I won't be having fixed expenses due to going out work; such as petrol, toll, rental, lunch and clients entertainment fee etc

b) I don't want to missed out any precious growing up moments of my son. 
I had breastfed him fully for 24 months. And I witnessed how he transform from a new born to a kid everyday. I don't want ending up he took others as more closer person due to I build a barrier with my son in between.

3) Is this boy your son? You look so young !
Yes I am, my hubby witnessed my delivery moment. And I am genetically baby face like my mother, so I believe I will still look 20 when I am 30  ;)

4) Early motherhood sure causing your parents upset , as they invested a lot of school fee on you !
I would say, my parents were the one support me and encourage me to take care of my son fully. As my dad told me : "Raised your kid well so that future he will be good. In this case, you are earned, for sure! " That means, high pay of salary doesn't mean your life will be good if you neglected your child, coz the effort you supposed to put on were allocated into wrong place !


Besides, I realized that not only me, but my peers / my friends whom graduated with me together, some of them are still not contributed into the relevant field they went further studies ! Yes of course there could be some of them are earning high pay jobs but, do they have sufficient me-time ?

Most importantly, thankful and blissful with my husband and parents' support in both mentally and physically. There was twice I had encounter emotional breakdown and having PND due to all these negative comments / colored eyesight, but hey... I am having what they doesn't have ! Afterall, all these exists becoz I have him support in behind ! Ya, not every woman are lucky as me to have somebody nourish me the love and pampered me like a baby.

5) Since you run online business, why don't you create a physical store to sell more?
I am satisfied with my current life. I worked for my parent's shop before and other people as well; thus I notice the shop business doesn't really as good as most people think. Nowadays, the trafficking for online shopping are just having the equal percentage with physical window shopping ! So, why not? cut down the fixed cost and let your customers save more. They happy, you happy; and they will come back to you again.


I don't use pushy sales tactic or making my customers felt annoyed due to being aggressive. I hate that. I will have my own way to do publicity.



Lastly, the next life target.
I would like to go travel Taiwan again; but before that become a volunteer for Malaysia local rural areas such as Sabah Sarawak.
While personally, I wish to further my yoga and music. Until my son grown up, then only I go back to school to pursue my Master.
I might not need it but I would love to.


xx bye xx


Have a nice day ahead.


Best Regards,Carrole Chong
www.houseintrendz.com